One of the services that you can select as a Civil Engineering Collective (CEC) member is our training service. Your staff will have access to up to eighteen live/interactive PDH webinars throughout the year. Here are the benefits that your firm will reap through this service.
- POSITIVE PEOPLE-DRIVEN CULTURE. There is nothing more important in building and maintaining a strong civil engineering company than building a positive culture focused on your people. This training component of the CEC will bring your staff members together regularly to engage in interactive training and discussions on skill sets that are important to the healthy growth of your firm, and that’s invaluable. If your people are together, in a conference room or remotely, learning about people skills, project management skills, and business development strategies, they will grow together as they develop these skills.
- EXPERTISE. Another benefit of this training service is it will help your professionals build expertise and credibility. All of our instructors, as you can see here, have engineering experience coupled with expertise in the topics they are presenting on. We’ve found that engineering professionals can learn better from people that speak their language. And through our hundreds of podcast interviews, we can find experts quickly on any topics you need us to, which leads us to another value of this service…
- FLEXIBILITY. We’re offering roughly two live webinars per month which means regardless of how many participants you have, there will be topics for everyone, and as I mentioned in our main video, you will also be able to request training on topics that your firm needs. You can’t dictate topics in most general AEC training programs or services.
- RECORDINGS AVAILABLE. All CEC sessions are live, allowing your staff to interact with these experts, but all sessions will also be recorded and available later should your staff miss one, want to re-watch them, or you want to share them with new staff members.
- GUARANTEED PDHS – Many firms have told us that trying to ensure that all of their staff obtain the necessary PDHs needed to maintain their license is challenging, time-consuming, and expensive. Problem solved. At least 12 of the 18 CEC sessions each year will provide PDHs in most US States.
- REAL LEARNING TRANSFER. Our philosophy at EMI is that for someone to improve a skill, they need the learning that they’ll get through the CEC sessions, but they also need to engage in transfer activities, which means practicing what they learned on the job. With each session, you will be given talking points complete with actions that you can discuss with your staff, that they can take on the job, during the billable time, to truly build these skills.
So to recap, with this benefit, you will be building a positive, people-driven culture through these live-interactive sessions with engineering instructors who value the importance of soft skills and leadership and the learning will be flexible and customizable so that it transfers. You can’t get this kind of personal training through the expensive “webinars” that firms or associations sell. You also can’t get this kind of focus on general AEC services, this service is laser-focused for civil engineering firms. Why go more broad than that if you don’t have to?
And while guaranteed PDHs associated with this benefit are invaluable in many ways, it’s the quality and format of the delivery that we think you’ll enjoy most.