Job Description: The Civil Engineering Collective is a service of the Engineering Management Institute (EMI) that provides civil engineering companies with monthly interactive training webinars on topics related to technical and professional development for their staff. Each session is 60 minutes and most provide Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
The Job of the CEC Coordinator Will Be To Do the Following:
- Help source topics/speakers for upcoming webinars,
- Reach out to potential speakers (EMIs staff will help after initial reach-out),
- Hold a practice call with speakers prior to actual session,
- Facilitate the actual sessions (introduce speaker and topic and facilitate Q&A),
- Some administrative items for each session (again EMI staff will help here).
Time Required: This position would require approximately five to ten hours of work per month. Half of the work could be done outside of normal 9 to 5 business hours, however, the practice and actual session typically take place mid-day.
Compensation: You would be paid as an independent contractor, an hourly fee, as per an agreement that we would provide.
Benefits: In addition to compensation, there are many benefits to this position for a civil engineer looking to grow their career including:
- You will receive PDH credits for the sessions that are accredited,
- We will position you as the CEC Coordinator on our platform which reaches hundreds of thousands of civil engineering professionals worldwide,
- You will be able to improve your speaking skills and confidence through facilitation,
- Your personal brand will grow tremendously in the industry,
- You will get to help engineers every day.